Monday, December 21, 2009

Hope & Transparency


President Obama!
1/20/09

Obama has started a new website at www.change.gov in order to communicate directly with the American people and offer a way to communicate back. If it works (and I hope it will) it will be a great leap toward a more transparent and democratic government. Here is my first comment on the www.change.gov blog:

11/9/08
When I read The Audacity of Hope, I can't tell you how much I related to Barack. When I heard Michelle say it was the first time that she could feel proud of her country it resonated.

I was an organizer for peace and civil rights in the 1960's. I was also born in Indonesia and traveled much of the world by the time I was 20. I also was lucky and went to a good school, in my case Cornell.

There are issues I feel strongly about - universal health care, ending the wars, renouncing torture coupled with a reestablishment of habeas corpus and return to the rule of law, a rational immigration policy and control of Homeland Security, a progressive income tax, and control of the banks and international corporations.

But for now, all I want to say is WE DID IT! Thanks so much for making it possible to believe in America again.

Comment

The transition is over and www.change.gov has become http://www.whitehouse.gov - 6/09

No comments: